ads2

Friday 1 July 2022

What is illusion, dream and reality ?

This is about the days when I came from Toba Tek Singh's Dada Mohtarma's village Alowal to Nana Mohtarma's village Kenthan (Bismillahpur) near Lyallpur and took admission in the first class there. Don't know if it was a dream or reality. I remember it happening all the time. As soon as I lay down on the bed at night, my being would turn into colorful particles of light, and this monster of light particles would rise from the bed and go out through the roof. From the roof I could see the roofs of the surrounding houses and the whole village. "Then an unseen force would start fighting. This force would take me to the village cemetery every time. I think the grave I used to go to was probably the grave of my grandfather. Wale never mentioned the incident (which happened again and again and therefore became a permanent part of the memoirs) to anyone. If I had told my grandmother or mother, the grave might have been confirmed or denied.

The second incident occurred at the age of eight. I dropped out of school and worked in the fields for many years. After work, most of my time was spent playing cards, playing sticks, and playing such useless games. Apparently I had no future. It was winter. He used to bring some sugarcane home after peeling sugarcane. Sucking their juices at night often meant waking up at night to urinate. That night he also went out to urinate and then locked the door and lay down on the bed. Suddenly I felt that someone had climbed on the bed and sat at my feet. I looked around with a happy face. A white bearded old man with a red face was sitting there staring at me. I immediately tried to hide my face inside Rezai. The elder pulled Rezai towards me. It seemed that he was not happy with me for some reason. At that time I looked around the room and saw my mother and all my siblings I was sleeping on my bed. The lantern was burning because I could not sleep in the dark room. Everything in the room was in its place. That is, it was not a dream.


The next day I wondered if what I saw was a dream or a reality. It was a fact to go out of the room to urinate and then lie down on the bed. The white-bearded old men arrived at my bedside. Also, in dreams, the house does not look like it is in reality. Short story short, I tore up the cards and threw them away that day and stopped wasting time playing games. Five times started going to the mosque. A boy from the village was asked to write the first few verses of Surah Baqarah in Urdu as they are recited. Thus, after reading a few verses, I came to know how to recite the Qur'an in Arabic. Thus read the whole Qur'an and memorize many surahs orally. The next year he ran away from the village and resumed his education.

About ten or eleven years later, during my stay in Lahore, I mentioned this incident to Professor Tufail Qureshi. I also told them that I could not yet decide if what I saw was a dream or a reality. He took me to a friend of mine, Iftikhar. Mr. Iftikhar was employed in PCSIR Laboratories and an expert in dream interpretation. If a servant forgot part of the dream, he would also tell. After hearing my "dream", he told Professor Qureshi that it was not a dream, it was a reality. He revealed that this sage was also seen by some other people. I forgot to ask them more details about this.

You can ignore these events as my delusion. However, for me both are important. Why? Because of the first incident, I believe that our real being, which religion calls soul and science consciousness, is capable of seeing and hearing without the body. The experiences of those who are near death and those who return from the brink of death also confirm this. If the second incident had not happened, I would have been working in the fields of the village even today, but it is very likely that I would have left this world before the age of sixty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Essay: Importance of English Language

English language is considered as the most popular language in the world. It is spoken by billions of people from different countries and cu...